Friday, August 12, 2011

Kazuo Ishiguro

This is a crappy sketch of Kazuo Ishiguro, the "writer" of The Remains of the Day, winner of the Man Booker Prize for Fiction (1989.) I really like this guy. No one can make an early 20th century English butler sound quite as interesting.

This sketch took me 20 minutes. Much to my surprise, this drawing looks eerily like my dad, which got me thinking, could Kazuo be my dad? It's not that farfetched; father wears glass too, and calls me his bakayarou.

EAR ALERT. FIRST EAR I'VE DRAWN IN YEARS.

I'm not too thrilled about posting this sketch, mostly because it is truly crappy. But I must remain loyal to those that have thrust me into power.


Things I learned from this drawing: Kazuo Ishiguro is my dad.
This drawing reminds me: that we must all make the best of what remains of the day. Yeah, I said it.

Sincerely,
Your Crappy Sketcher

No comments:

Post a Comment